the Hazards Campaign has developed a safety campaigning document based around nine major organising demands. It is a working document intended to stimulate discussion, educate, agitate, organise and politicise health and safety.
“It is a living, working document.”
Please participate, contribute to improving it and use it to stop work killing, injuring and making us ill. If you have any comments or suggestions please add them to this post or contact us by email.
The nine major demands are:
- Full enforcement and extension of the role and statutory functions of TU Safety Reps
- Improvement and strengthening of Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations
- Enforcement of Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations
- Just treatment for victims of health and safety crime
- Decent work (good pay and conditions) for all workers
- Government to strengthen and promote good health, safety and welfare in communities and workplaces
- Strongest level of International regulations and standards on occupational health, safety and welfare
- Strengthen and increase participation in International Workers Memorial Day
- Increase the reach of our message and demands