Hazards 2016 – 29-31 July, University of Keele
‘Building the Hazards Resistance to support Safety Reps’
The Hazards 2016 conference programme has been announced listing plenaries, workshops and campaigns including times and themes.
There are 6 campaign meetings, see below, please choose one sign up at registration.
Download all the details here.
1.UNITE- Sports Direct the horrors and the fight back – Chair tbc: Speaker: Barry Faulkner, UNITE
- International solidarity- Chair: Kathy Jenkins, Scottish Hazards; Speakers : Omana George AMRC ; Sanjiv Pandita GOSH.
- Asbestos update– Chair: Philip Lewis, London……. Speakers Joint Union Asbestos Committee (JUAC) Asbestos in Schools (AiS), Leigh Day & Co
- Update on legal state of H&S –Speakers: Stephen Nye and Satinder Bains, Irwin Mitchell
- TTIP, CETA and the alphabet soup of other toxic ‘free trade;’ treaties, their effects on workers H&S and how to stop them- Hilda Palmer, GMHC/Hazards Campaign +tbc
- Better than Zero- the campaign against zero hours and insecure contracts, low pay, poor health and safety – plus the BFAWU Justice for Fast Food Workers campaign for £10 per hour as low pay makes workers physically and mentally ill. Chair: Janet Newsham GMHC, Speakers: Sarah Wiktorski, Better than Zero, + Ian Hodson, BFAWU
28th to 30th July 2017 at Keele University
For details of the Hazards 2017 conference please hand in a self-addressed envelope at the registration desk of this year’s conference.