Please circulate details of this event to members and networks. The Hazards Campaign is part of the Zero Covid organising group has provided speakers and chairs for sessions in this event.
2021 must be the year of #ZeroCovid
England’s four-tier system is a failure. Test and Trace is not doing its job. The Westminster government is battling to keep schools open against educators and medical experts’ advice. There is no plan to get us out of this cycle of restrictions. In Scotland too, despite Holyrood steering a different course at times, infection rates are rising rapidly.
What’s the alternative?
Zero Covid is the alternative. It’s a strategy to eliminate the virus, which means a working Test and Trace system, financial and material support for people to enable them to isolate, and ensuring all workplaces which are open are certified Covid-Safe. Restrictions on our lives can be lifted once these elements are in place and as new cases drop off to a level which can be managed by public health teams.
Find out more at the Organising for Zero Covid conference! Register for the online conference
- Professor Michael Baker (New Zealand Ministry of Health’s Pandemic Influenza Technical Advisory Group, pc)
- Professor Susan Michie (Independent SAGE, pc)
- Hector Wesley (Black Activists Rising Against Cuts)
- Janet Newsham (Hazards Campaign for workplace safety)
- Diane Abbott MP
- Richard Burgon MP
- Disability rights campaigner TBC
- Workplace activist TBC
- Helen McFarlane (NHS worker, Scotland)
- Kevin Courtney (Joint General Secretary, National Education Union)
- Schools (staff, parents and students)
- Campuses (staff and students)
- Workplace organising around safety
- Building a local Zero Covid group
- Defend Our NHS
- Poverty, benefit and cuts
- Zero Covid in the Labour Party