Report on the Toxic Chemicals – Risk prevention through use reduction Conference organised by GMHC as part of a project with the CSEU- Toxic Use Reduction Conference – 25th Feb
Recording of the conference with presentations and discussion:
Hilda Palmer – Greater Manchester Hazards Centre, FACK facilitator and Hazards Campaign
- Toxics Use Reduction: beyond analysis to action
Linking public health, occupational health and safety, environmental
sustainability and new or better employment: a position paper
- Hands. Face. Space. Won’t cut it! Ventilation! Ventilation! Ventilation!
Bud Hudspith – Unite National health and safety advisor
- Unite approach to chemicals Presentation
- Union workplaces are safer workplaces – Fix the Hazards – Don’t Blame the Victims
- Unite dust information
- Unite silica information
Professor Andrew Watterson – Occupational health expert Stirling university
- Toxics use reduction in Massachusetts. What is their approach? Does it work? Can we use it in the UK?
Dan Shears – GMB National health, safety and environment director